We are looking for an experienced Underwriting Specialist to help manage risk assessment and controls when onboarding merchants while ensuring to provide a seamless experience. You should have a background in underwriting, risk management with vast knowledge and understanding of KYC, AML/CTF framework.
This full time position will review merchant accounts applications, take a joy to understand business model, evaluate risk, and ensure compliance with merchant payment processing industry procedures and applicable laws. If you are an organized person, detail oriented who enjoys performing varied work as an independent problem-solver and decision-maker, with passion to delight customers with premium onboarding experience, this could be the right role for you.
- Provide status reports, analytical insights and be the focal point and the center of knowledge for the onboarding process.
- Participate in team planning activities and develop existing policies / SOPs Work closely with cross-functional teams to evolve merchant onboarding processes.
- Assess brand reputation, compliance, fraud, and financial risk to determine risk exposure on new and existing merchants and take an appropriate course of action.
- Review of new merchant applications with the objective of understanding the business model identifying the financial and fraud risks.
- Provide timely and clear response to merchant queries and concerns.
- Collaborate with Sales team and Acquiring Banks to develop and execute plans to resolve all pending items required for approval of the application
- Manage real-time support, communication, escalation, reporting, and root cause analysis of onboarding issues that impact the merchant experience
- Conduct an in depth review on merchant’s eCommerce websites ensure to the merchant’s business is not among prohibited categories or selling any products that are prohibited as per card scheme, acquirer and jurisdictional regulations.
- Maintain individual accountability for performance metrics, ensuring ever-increasing levels of productivity and accuracy against established benchmarks
- Ability to analyze complex data, draw meaningful conclusions, and make holistic business recommendations.
- With good knowledge of sanctions screening tools like LexisNexis, Worldcompliance, Webshield etc.
- Arabic native tongue with excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Ability to approach problems in a quantitative and qualitative manner.
- Strong working knowledge of external systems, and software applications (Internet, Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Knowledge of merchant payment processing, particularly risk and operational processes.
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills.
- Solid understanding of Underwriting, KYC, AML, PCI DSS, and Card Schemes’ Regulations.
- Ability to communicate points of view on complex and challenging topics professionally with supporting rationale; ability to communicate complex and sensitive information to internal and external stakeholders with appropriate clarity and discretion.
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to build rapport with members of other departments.
Qualification & Experience:
- ACAMs certification.
- 4+ yrs of experience in assessing merchant risk in a function such as Merchant Risk Management or merchant underwriting at a payments processors or E-Commerce technology company or an acquiring bank will be given a strong consideration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, accounting, economics or other related field.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams within a complex international organization.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Saudi Arabia
Application Deadline: N/A