Website AMC Theatres
Supervise and coordinate operations of the kitchen (in a casual-dining environment) to achieve AMC’s goals. Provide leadership and development, and communicate expectations to all back–of–house associates in a professional and safe work environment.
- Ensure sanitation and food safety standards are met through completing Food Safety Self Audits.
- Work effectively with supervisors, peers, subordinates, guests, vendors, and corporate partners.
- Manage work environments that achieve high levels of job satisfaction among team members.
- Schedule back-of-house associates within company scheduling parameters.
- Ensure all changes and updates are communicated to the appropriate associates and are in place on time.
- Follow all procedures to ensure that the facility is clean, safe, and in good repair for associates and guests.
- Display effective oral and written communication skills to provide clear direction, resolve disagreements, influence strong performance, and produce clear and concise documentation with minimal supervision.
- All other functions as designated by the General Manager, or Senior Manager – Dine-In Theatres (where applicable)
- Maintain budgeted food cost using all tools within inventory management system.
- Complete essential kitchen functions and ensure tasks are completed timely.
- Ensure that 2-stage cooling is in place for all necessary prepped food items and that the temperatures are recorded.
- Maintaining equipment supplies and contacting vendors for repairs as necessary.
- Maintain regular personal attendance for all scheduled shifts.
- Place all orders using order guides and suggestive ordering within the inventory management system and receive orders using receiving logs.
- Ensure prep lists are generated daily so appropriate amounts of prepared products are available at all times.
- Hiring, training, developing and appropriately disciplining associates.
- Maintain kitchen equipment by following manufacturer’s operating instructions, educating staff on proper use, maintaining equipment supplies, and contacting vendors for repairs as necessary.
- Provide direct supervision and guidance to back-of-house staff members.
- Maintain communication with kitchen leadership to ensure cooks are properly assembling food orders within established average ticket time.
- Confirm the usage of the pull thaw to ensure frozen items are safely thawed.
- Validate entire crew’s adherence to recipes to ensure consistent food quality and presentation.
- Ensure successful delivery of the daily and weekly budgets, goals, and objectives.
- Uphold AMC’s Business Practice Standards and ensure compliance with company programs.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure and take control during high-demand business circumstances.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry it up to 90 feet (or deposit into dumpster or trash compactor).
- Proficiency in MS Suite.
- Age 18 or older.
- Standing, walking, lifting, twisting, and bending on a frequent basis.
- Strong analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Current and relevant knowledge and trends of the food service industry.
Qualification & Experience:
- Certified as a ServSafe instructor and proctor.
- 6 months of food handling experience.
- Completed Allergen training.
- One year “line” experience in a high-volume kitchen.
- Ability to obtain any required food or alcohol service licenses or certifications (e.g. T.I.P.S.).
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Minimum of six months supervisory or commensurate leadership experience.
- One year experience in kitchen operations and execution.
- Kitchen and food safety training (ServSafe or equivalent).
Company: AMC Theatres
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Redondo Beach, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A