Website American Airlines
American Airlines is looking for a communicator who can help us effectively tell our story and manage crisis events/rapid response in a fast-paced environment, specific to the Southeastern U.S., which includes the airline’s second-largest hub at Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) and its hub at Miami International Airport (MIA). The role will include storytelling specific to our company’s core mission of caring for people on life’s journey and helping to support our communications strategy around our corporate goals. The right candidate is a strategic thinker, creative writer and team player, who will play a critical role in communicating to large internal and external audiences. The candidate will be part of a dynamic and collaborative team, located in DFW and around the globe, and will work closely with senior leaders in Global Engagement, as well as leaders in the operation and other business units.
- Drafts content for an array of audiences and platforms.
- Supports rapid response and crisis communications throughout the U.S., serving as a first point of contact for the Global Communications team on local information that will inform media response, flag and raise local issues in real-time.
- Works with the Manager of Global Communications and other colleagues on the Global Communications team in developing and executing internal and external communications strategies to achieve our business goals.
- Works closely with team members in the operation to communicate complex aviation and industry issues.
- Provides logistics support for media events and/or media pitches and responses across key markets.
- Thrives in a fast-paced atmosphere where you work under pressure and can meet critical deadlines
- Strong ability to collaborate multiple stakeholders dealing with competing priorities
- High level of professionalism and discretion in handling confidential information
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to changing landscapes and to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Capable of anticipating needs and driving clarity on expectations
- Strong organization and analytical skills, solution and detail-oriented
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of and/or experience in aviation and the commercial airline industry
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 years of relevant work experience in communications or media relations
- Experience working in corporate communications or media relations for a large, multi-national organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/training
Company: American Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A