Website U.S. Secret Service
Joining the Secret Service, Office of Technical Development and Mission Support, Technical Security Division, you will be responsible for providing a technically secure environment for the President, the Vice President and other designated protectees at their residence as well as all locations in which they may be temporarily located. The selectee will serve as Biologist in the Office of Technical Development and Mission Support, Technical Security Division.
- Testing, evaluating, and developing Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBNRE) detection and mitigation systems. Utilizing a wide variety of highly technical and advanced sample collection tools, hazards detection systems, decontamination products, and best practices to allow for improvement in hazards screening and mitigation capabilities.
- Serving as a Biologist on specialized projects and collaborates with internal and external stakeholder.
- Preparing operational and maintenance specifications and guides for end-uses. Developing standards and test plans to assure reliability of system performance throughout its life.
- Providing training and technical briefings to end-users regarding the use, installation, maintenance, and basic troubleshooting of equipment. Negotiating with others with differing or opposing views to resolve the technical aspects of controversial decisions concerning highly unstructured and interconnected problems which involve both unique technology and programmatic treatments.
- Submit to a polygraph examination prior to your appointment.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Financial disclosure report required.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Combination of education and experience: Courses equivalent to a major, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education. OR
- Degree: biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
- GS-13: You qualify for the GS-13 level (starting salary $106,823) if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level performing duties such as: conducting biological tests and/or procedures using methods and techniques; modifying protocols and procedures in response to test or study finding; using scientific equipment and materials to conduct scientific projects; and evaluating development in the biological sciences field.
- GS-12: You qualify for the GS-12 level (starting salary $89,834) if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level performing duties such as: providing information on the impact of biology and biological properties on analytical technologies; assisting with developing methods or techniques to evaluate data obtained from validation studies; and assisting with evaluating developments in the biological sciences field.
Company: U.S. Secret Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A