Website Bank of America
Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Serves as a seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team leader and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to administration and special initiatives or operations. Serves as team leader assisting in the administration of the team. Provides technical support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux on IBM Z and z/VM. Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include operating system technical support, systems programming, and data center capabilities.
- Desire to participate in team management and administrative activities.
- Good communication skills both written and oral are required as the individual must interface with application developers, support teams, software vendors and management staff.
- Knowledge of common IBM mainframe or Linux tools.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience or familiarity with Ansible, OpenShift, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, and Artifactory.
- 5 – 10 years IBM Mainframe Communication Server, z/VM, or Red Hat
- IBM z/OS or z/VM mainframe systems programmer experience. REXX, TCPIP, Computer Associates products, Web-Interfaces.
- Information Technology degree and/or technology certifications preferred or substantial equivalent experience.
- Experience with building Red Hat Package Manager (RPM) packages.
- Minimum 5 years Mainframe infrastructure engineering or Linux engineering experience.
Company: Bank of America
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A