Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
The Assistant Staff Accountant is responsible for reconciling single and concentration depository bank accounts; overseeing the charge back process; preparing journal entries and reconciliations for month end close.
- Resolve credit card issues with store managers/customers on a timely basis.
- Assist in preparation of budgets and analysis.
- Reconcile single and concentration store bank account
- Respond to daily requests of retrievals and chargebacks.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation package, including journal entries, and various spreadsheets.
- Investigate unusual/fraudulent credit card transactions and partner with Loss Prevention.
- Cultivate key relationship with our credit card processing company
- Monitor retrieval requests from Iron Mountain for find rate and response time.
- Proficiency in Excel required; proficiency with Access preferred.
- Strong communication and analytical skills as well as detail orientation and an aptitude for follow-up.
Qualification & Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or related field required along with 1+ years of related experience.
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Westbury, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A