Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
As a barista, you provide first class service to our customers with every drink you create and every cookie you bake, ensuring their experience is your top priority. You make the customer experience pleasurable and provide the perfect complement to any book. Your passion for coffee, creating inspiring drinks and your knowledge of the Cafe ensures that customers are delighted by the handcrafted beverages you serve and look forward to coming into the Cafe again and again.
- Execute all operational standards correctly, in a timely manner and in accordance with the cafe standards, safety and health codes.
- Recognize and offer to help both customers and employees with urgency and care.
- Work in the Cafe which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing, operating espresso machines), and sales floor when needed.
- Make relevant beverage and food recommendations ensuring an engaging experience with the customers that connects them with the right products to meet their needs.
- Ensure that the Cafe is welcoming to all customers by having a stocked bake case and neatly displayed merchandise.
- Protect company assets by adhering to all processes and working efficiently to control waste and shrink.
- Take pride in the Cafe and place a priority on ensuring a clean and tidy environment knowing that cleanliness encompasses all aspects of the customer experience.
- Deliver the perfect beverage that exceeds customer expectations with your ability to engage, build rapport, listen, and provide friendly, fast service as you go through a tailored order creating approach.
- Can clearly and respectfully communicate and express oneself.
- Listen to people and enjoy solving problems.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Well-organized, efficient, and able to multi-task.
- Positive and can-do attitude.
- Make correct recommendations for handcrafted beverages and food items that satisfy the customer.
- Passionate about the products we serve.
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A