Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
As a cafe manager (CM), you enjoy working with people and are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our customers and baristas. This passion translates to running an exceptional Cafe, one which delivers the best customer experience, the perfect handcrafted beverage and food products and inspires a team of talented baristas. You create an energy and vibe in your Cafe where people are happy doing what they love, delivering a great customer experience and keeping the store running smoothly. As a cafe manager, you work collaboratively with and support the team as they develop in their careers and ensure that they have everything they need to be successful. You communicate with your store manager (SM) and support partners on results, trends and opportunities to better the business and ensure profitability. As a leader, you model the core values of the company and act as a role model within the larger store team.
- Ensure a vibrant Cafe by delivering on our commitment to presentation and cleanliness.
- Ensure the achievement of sales goals and deliver operational excellence to maximize efficiency and minimize loss through timely execution of all processes.
- Demonstrate how to deliver the cafe customer experience by ensuring consistent, friendly, personal service and thoughtful recommendations, first by the example you set and second by the training on first-class service you deliver to the entire cafe team.
- Interview and hire baristas that will provide an optimal shopping experience for our customers.
- Manage cafe inventory levels by following cafe ordering practices.
- Manage product quality, preparation and presentation standards.
- Review financials such as P&L, product mix, category sales, waste and gross margin reports in order to maximize our sales and profitability.
- Communicate with your cafe team respectfully and in a timely manner on key issues and messages, creating a culture that demonstrates the values of the company.
- Develop the cafe team through engagement and coaching; work with team by providing feedback to assess and recommend talent for development in the store.
- Ensure compliance to cafe standards as it pertains to safety, customer communications and all store operations.
- Work in the Cafe which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing, operating espresso machines).
- Understand the cafe business and impact of ordering and sales upon results.
- Can solve problems through good decision making and knows when to take partnership.
- Passionate about the cafe business and has excellent standards of service.
- Can empathize with and understand people.
- Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably.
- Able to delegate and work through others.
- Deliver honest and constructive feedback.
- Solid cafe, food service or hospitality knowledge.
- Effective organization, planning and prioritization of workload.
- Knowledge of food safety, regulations and standards.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least two years of management experience, preferably in retail, food service or hospitality.
- Experience in managing and developing employees at all levels.
- Experience building collaborative and productive working relationships at all levels.
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wausau, WI, US
Application Deadline: N/A