Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
To be a great maintenance clerk, you provide an excellent customer experience which is friendly, genuine, and professional. You always put the customers first ahead of everything and anything else, day in and day out, by providing and neat, tidy, safe and clean store. You make the shopping experience great by ensuring that it is always customer-ready and shoppable.
- Perform light maintenance/facilities duties, including but not necessarily limited to painting, changing light bulbs, and changing ceiling tiles, etc.
- Work on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing), and Café.
- Identify and clean up hazardous conditions quickly to reduce the risk of potential accidents.
- Maintain clean restrooms, monitoring them consistently and signing off on the maintenance log minimally hourly. on an hourly basis and completing the restroom maintenance log.
- Perform opening and closing cleaning responsibilities including but not limited to, dusting bookcases and furniture, cleaning café table bases, etc. to maintain and present a clean and tidy store.
- Perform and execute various tasks in a timely manner and efficiently to maintain a clean, safe, and presentable interior and exterior store.
- Recognize and offer to help both customers and employees with urgency and care.
- Model expected behaviors to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Treat the customer as the first priority always, creating an atmosphere of friendly and genuine service.
- Monitor and manage trash removal; develop a plan to ensure that the interruptions do not interfere with the daily routine.
- Energized by working in an ever-changing environment.
- Can clearly and respectfully communicate and express oneself.
- Positive and can-do attitude.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrate initiative.
- Flexible and is a team player.
- Treat customers as the first priority at all times.
- Accept coaching and feedback from others openly.
- Accept responsibility and execute all assignments correctly and with care.
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Rochester, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A