Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
To be a great bookseller, you provide excellent customer service which is friendly, genuine and professional, and you always put the customers first ahead of everything and anything else. You make the shopping experience engaging and interactive by enthusiastically sharing your knowledge whether face to face or over the phone, helping a customer choose a new book, or a special gift. A bookseller creates enticing displays which are neat, tidy, and vibrant to the customer. Your passion for bookselling and willingness to help, ensures your customers look forward to coming into your store. From creating inspiring displays to helping at our special events, there is always an opportunity to demonstrate initiative and your passion for books and people.
- Work on the selling floor, which requires physical activity (i.e., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting, climbing), and Café when needed.
- Help with events and community outreach.
- Leverage key campaigns such as Our Monthly Picks, preorders, etc., to hand sell and engage in conversation with every customer.
- Ensure a vibrant bookstore through the flawless execution of bookstore basics, showing a commitment to presentation, commerciality, section detail, localization and sense of theater.
- Create a welcoming environment for customers where you engage with them and share your love and knowledge of books and make relevant recommendations.
- Identify key titles and communicate with your store team on opportunities to tailor the merchandise selection to reflect the community.
- Educate yourself continuously on books and the industry, supporting the store with this knowledge to give customers a great experience when they visit and shop.
- Model expected behaviors to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Recognize and offer to help both customers and employees with urgency and care.
- Keep the store neat and tidy, creating displays and ensuring the bookstore is always shoppable and inviting.
- Protect company assets by adhering to all processes in controlling shrink, expense and payroll.
- Can clearly and respectfully communicate and express oneself.
- Listen to people and enjoy solving problems.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Passionate reader and knowledgeable about books.
- Positive and can-do attitude.
- Energized by working in an ever-changing environment.
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A