Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
As a restaurant server, you provide first-class service to our customers with every order you serve, ensuring their experience is your top priority. You have a passion for people and enjoy making our guests feel welcome. Your excitement about and knowledge of the restaurant and food and beverage offerings is how you meet and exceed our guests’ expectations. You provide appropriate recommendations and because of this, guests come back again and again. You care about people, and model our core values.
- Complete Food Safety/Liquor courses in a timely manner if mandated by state/local Health Department.
- Work with coworkers as part of a team and provide support by answering phones, scheduling reservations and processing payments.
- Use and maintain front-of-house equipment as intended.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic beverages to guests, strictly abiding by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and driving while intoxicated.
- Make relevant food and beverage recommendations, ensuring an engaging experience that is attentive, timely and correct at all times.
- Know and comply with all restaurant policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure the restaurant is welcoming to guests by placing a priority on a clean and tidy environment by monitoring and maintaining cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Work in the restaurant which requires physical activity (e.g., prolonged standing, repetitive bending, lifting to 25 pounds, climbing, operating espresso machines).
- Make the customer your priority at all times by greeting, seating guests and anticipating and responding promptly to their needs.
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, menus, price ranges and dress code.
- Provide attentive service by checking back with customers during the meal for any additional needs along with providing checks and taking payments.
- Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages to guests according to Barnes & Noble specifications, including preparation of espresso-based drinks.
- Enjoy working with people.
- Listen to people and enjoy solving problems.
- Passionate about the products we serve.
- Can clearly and respectfully communicate and express oneself.
- Make thoughtful recommendations for food and beverage items that satisfy the customer.
- Positive and can-do attitude.
- Minimum of 18 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- Well organized, efficient and able to multi-task.
Qualification & Experience:
- One year’s experience in a restaurant setting or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of coffee roasting/brewing and experience with commercial espresso equipment preferred.
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Eastchester, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A