Website Best Buy
The Manager over our Exclusive Brands business will oversee the accounting for the company’s private label brands (e.g., Insignia, Rocketfish, Platinum), which includes the global sourcing operations and its China Business Trust (CBT) legal entity structure. This role is also responsible for consolidating and providing consultative support to the international accounting teams (primarily Canada) to ensure accounting integrity across all income statement and balance sheet lines and provide solutions to challenges faced in their business. This role works closely with Tax, Treasury, Operations, International and our Exclusive Brands business teams to ensure the integrity of the financial statements of the Enterprise along with the statutory legal entity and private label business.
- Review monthly financial results and collaborate with Canada in preparing commentary for the balance sheet, cash flows and P&L
- Identifying automation and efficiency opportunities and implementing more efficient solutions to enhance our accounting processes.
- Partnering with Tax on CBT legal entity structure overseeing appropriate accounting, FP&A, statutory reporting and auditing (import/export compliance, IRS, IA and GAAP)
- Frequent international travel is NOT a component/requirement for this role
- Compile and review the International segment financial reporting schedules used for our external filings (10-Q/Ks, Press Releases)
- Working with AR, AP and Business Operations teams to ensure proper receipt and payment from/to our customers/vendors
- Manage intellectual property and brand licensing royalty processes for private label products which includes the accounting function, vendor and licensor reporting and sporadic audits
- Support international teams with complex accounting transactions, critical accounting estimates, internal control processes, audit findings and key accounting determinations by partnering with country controllers, Internal Audit & External Reporting
- Leading and developing a team of four senior accounting analysts
- Ensure accurate and consistent application of GAAP accounting principles for our International and Exclusive Brands businesses
- Accounting for inter-company transactions and settlements including various transfer pricing entries and working with Tax Planning to ensure the accuracy of these complex concepts
- Oversight of control development and management around month end close and flow of ExB product through company ERP systems (i.e. SAP and Oracle)
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and facilitation)
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and strategically, build consensus, anticipate problems and solutions, and work with business partners
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Supervisory or managerial experience preferred (e.g., leading a team or project)
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of progressive work experience in an Accounting or Finance capacity.
- CPA preferred
- Experience of applying GAAP to complex, large company situations
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richfield, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A