Our AWS Sports Industry Specialists (IS) are focused on designing and delivering customer outcomes across complex workloads for our Sports clients using AWS cloud services. They deliver cloud solution guidance, support POC’s (Proof-of-Concepts), lead assessments and solution delivery projects, develop thought leadership and represent AWS at leadership events and summits. We are actively looking for candidates to join our Sports team who have deep experience in designing, building, operating, and growing solutions in the Sports industry. The candidate must have direct experience in the workflows, operations and technologies used in one or more of the following areas: data science (AI/ML) workloads and uses cases such as player tracking and semantics, remote live event/sports production, interactive direct-to-consumer platforms, real-money and other sports gaming, in-venue management and fan engagement use cases or other relevant workstreams.
- Act as the voice-of-the-customer to oversee engagements and assist with non-technical change management work on policies, procedures, operations and people.
- Collaborate directly with global Sports customers and partners addressing cloud native workloads, security, compliance, scale, and resiliency.
- Provide leadership to customers looking for solutions to transform their existing media workloads using Cloud technology.
- Acquire new technology skills and serve as trusted advisors for internal and external customers including global Sports customer architects and IT leaders.
- Work with multiple AWS service, delivery, and engineering teams introducing and refining new platforms, solutions and services for Sports clients spanning leagues/federations/teams to broadcast and distribution partners to myriad other sports industry partners and vendors
- Collect, package and publish best practices and repeatable offerings inclusive of AWS Partners to accelerate our customer’s transition to cloud based AWS services.
- Expertise delivering Sports technology solutions to major global Sports entities through solution scoping, selling and delivery of consulting services, enabling emerging technologies and cloud based services.
- Sports industry customer C-level relationships, management experience and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about Sports solutions, global workflows, cloud workloads, business strategy, products and emerging technology trends.
- Knowledge of common media frameworks, pipelines, and M&E industry software as it relates to live game event production.
- Understanding of AWS Services such as AWS Elemental Media Services, Elastic Transcoder, CloudFront, EC2, S3, Glacier, etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years of management experience in customer-facing roles or consulting experience.
- Direct experience in the workflows and technologies used in one or more of the areas of: fan data strategy & analytics, interactive direct-to-consumer platforms, real-money and other sports gaming, in-venue management and fan engagement, or other relevant workstreams.
- Experience with the design of modern, scalable delivery solutions for technology consulting services.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Thought leadership experience on relevant topics related to Sports and Media & Entertainment cloud-based enterprises, solutions, platforms, workflows, storage, innovation and IT infrastructure.
- 10+ years of Sports Industry leadership experience.
- Hands-on experience in architecting, building, and operating solutions and services for Sports clients.
- Advanced degrees in engineering and/or computer science.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A