At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, and project managers with the freedom to create innovative solutions to address core business challenges within MetLife. The purpose of the MetLife Data Governance (MDG) program and organization is to manage data as a corporate asset by coordinating the people, processes, and technology needed to improve the quality and consistency of data throughout MetLife and maintain compliance with external regulations.As a leader in the MDG office, the Enterprise Data Governance Steward will play a pivotal role in supporting our business customers in executing on our commitments, as part of the larger Data and Analytics (DnA) organization.
- Support prioritized business customers in the execution of key initiatives in alignment with the integrated roadmap;
- Provides advisory leadership to business units in the structuring of local data governance offices and programs, with expert guidance on the interpretation, alignment, and execution of Enterprise Data Governance Standards and practices, and the integration of Enterprise Data Governance Services, sometimes directing or facilitating local instance efforts;
- Accountable for the success of local instances of DG Councils, reporting on program effectiveness, data quality, and DG maturity level and for coordinating communication and training efforts involving MDGO and where appropriate local DG instances;
- Champions the adoption of data governance practices on data intensive application development projects and represent the MDGO on new cross-organizational infrastructure projects and data initiatives;
- Leads one or more Enterprise Data Governance Program engagements in coordination with business unit stakeholders and data domain subject matter experts to facilitate the successful onboarding into the program;
- Develops project plans in support of key data governance rollouts and performance other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrable specific experience planning and managing Data Governance program that spans multiple business units and regions;
- Proven ability in developing relationship with senior business and technology leaders, gaining consensus and driving to accomplish the goals of the Data Governance program, driving cultural and organizational change, with strong interpersonal, conflict resolution and negotiation skills;
- Familiarity with various data / metadata managements and governance tools in the marketplace (e.g., Informatica Axon / EDC / PowerCenter / Data Quality, MDM and RDM tools, Collibra, BigID, Azure Purview, Good Catalog, etc.)
- Superior customer relationship, written and oral communications and presentation skills;
- Extensive business acumen with broad range of exposure to business units;Ability to document and execute a rigorous and well-defined process model, driving clear and deliberate action in success of key MDG program goals.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2+ Years experience leading data governance initiatives, quality, and/or lineage capturing and documentation processes;
- Experience managing stakeholders’ expectations as a change agent in a matrixed environment;
- Experience in working in and leading large matrix managed initiatives;
- Experience in supporting projects involving regulatory reporting and adherence;
- Expertise in Data Management and Governance principles, familiarity and experience in managing and executing on data governance frameworks (i.e. DMBOK, COBIT)
- 10+ Years total experience, preferably with a mix of financial services, insurance or technology consulting industry or vendor experience (i.e. consulting, systems integration or software);
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Aurora, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A