MetLife is the leading provider of Group Benefits. The Group Benefits organization is a diverse team of Application Developers, Architects, Configuration Analysts, Business Systems Analysts, Project Managers & Program Managers, all working towards the common goal of ensuring the customer is at the center of everything we do. As a Software Development Engineer II in the Group Benefits organization in Cary NC, you will perform software development activities on one, or more projects, of moderate to high complexity. In this role you will be responsible for the successful completion of technical deliverables (including detailed technical design), software development, unit testing process and interacting with On-shore and Off-Shore teams & customers when needed.
- Participate in migrating legacy business into the MGI platform
- Contribute to development of user guides, reference manuals, training materials and code release artifacts as appropriate
- Work closely with project managers, architects, developers, test team, business users/BAs and applicable outside entities (vendors and others)
- Perform application development activities on the MGI (MetLife Group Insurance) platform, functioning as a full stack developer.
- Develop technical requirements and design documentation for the MGI platform in the scope of full stack development, facilitates testing, and training. MGI provides a full range of group insurance sales & servicing capabilities.
- Become a subject matter expert to have a deep understand of the MGI Platform. This includes the application, infrastructure framework, integrations, implementation, and assist programs.
- Works with project manager to ensure compliance to MetLife System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Provides estimates for software work efforts on new projects and for on-going forecasting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with focused attention to detail, as well as, demonstrated professionalism and time/task management skills; ability to establish strong relationships.
- Familiarity with ReactJS and react testing tools and libraries like jest and Enzyme.
- Familiarity with any of the leading cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM.
- Microsoft Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio (or other design tools) along with AGILE management tools like Azure or JIRA.
- Knowledge of SAFe framework.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven CI/CD (Azure/GitHub/BitBucket/Bamboo/Jenkins/UCD/SonarQube) & DevOps/Lean experience, to ensure that a project adapts to a digital platform ecosystem.
- Technical experience with integrating on-premise solutions with cloud-based solutions.
- 3-5+ years Software Development experience, or comparable business and technical experience, with significant Software Development Life Cycle knowledge and experience, or comparable methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering or other related field, or equivalent demonstrated work experience.
- 2+ years of experience with a scripting language, such as PowerShell.
- Experience working in an agile delivery model.
- Experience in building serverless applications on any leading cloud platform.
- Certification from any of the leading cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM.
- Experience working in Financial Services, Insurance and/or Banking experience is preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cary, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A