Website City of Houston
The position is physically comfortable, the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature, and air conditions. Requires the ability to make simple gross motor responses within large tolerances.
- The Senior Division Manager will be working with key stakeholders to develop and implement an Employee Lifecycle Program designed to enhance the employee experience throughout their time with the department.
- They will develop and manage a long-term employee experience strategy to promote and achieve a culture of service and employee engagement, with a passenger (or customer) first mindset.
- The purpose of the Senior Division Manager for Employee Experience is responsible for building, enhancing, and evolving a premier, vibrant employee experience from onboarding to offboarding.
- Will collaborate to create and implement a strategy to reinforce with employees the right behaviors in alignment with the department’s desired competencies, attributes, values, mission, and other core principles.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Engineering or a field related to activities of the division.
Qualification & Experience:
- Directly related professional experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a field related to the activities of the division may be substituted for two years of non-supervisory experience.
- Eight years of progressive professional experience related to the activities of the division are required, with at least three of the years in a supervisory or managerial capacity.
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A