Website City of Houston
This position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting temperature and air conditions.
- Trains, schedules, and leads assigned Telecommunications Specialists. Assists with unusual or difficult situations.
- This role will be responsible for providing, supporting, and managing all mobile communications for Houston Public Works Department which includes wireless devices.
- Interviews users to identify and integrate their diverse needs and resolve system requirements and problems.
- Performs in a lead capacity to provide support services for Telecommunication systems and networks for the department.
- Provides onsite or remote access diagnoses and resolution to wireless hardware and software problems by responding to service desk requests.
- Perform in a lead capacity to provide support services for telecommunication systems and networks for Houston Public Works.
- One year of experience in telecommunications, including needs evaluation, solution recommendation and installation coordination is required.
- Four years of telecommunications experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in Mobile Device Management application.
- Skill in the use and operation of test equipment and diagnostic software.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and software.
Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field is required.
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A