As a pioneer in software-defined networking, Masergy is a leading secure cloud networking platform for global businesses. Acquired by Comcast Business in 2021, Masergy leverages artificial intelligence to enable superior application performance, offering SD-WAN, Security, UCaaS, and CCaaS solutions. https://www.masergy.com/ The Lead Program Manager is a meaningful role for Masergy and Comcast Business. The Lead Program Manager will lead and organize multi-team programs and projects. They will assist with the development of program/project standards, performance metrics, and intake processes. This role is for a top-tier lead that can apply themselves across a broad spectrum of teams, technologies, and functions. The office is located in Plano at Masergy HQ. There will be occasional travel to the Comcast HQ in Philadelphia. Prior knowledge with Comcast and Comcast Business will be an added bonus.
- Responsible and accountable in the planning, development and delivery of new technical programs.
- Analyzes areas of risk to avoid risky activities by identifying and managing critical paths and risk areas.
- Establishes contingency plans and identifies trigger events and assumes responsibility for initiation corrective actions.
- Consults on the overall technical program management framework for an initiative.
- Leads the development and management of program plans. Facilitates and drives the core team to identify and schedule all the work for end-to-end deployment required to fulfill program scope. Ensures management of upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Identifies business and operational goals and successes criteria, drives the development and implementation of key goals, objectives and successes criteria for the program with key stakeholders and core team. Raises conflicts and resolves with the appropriate level of management engagement to build consensus. Obtains and assigns resources to the program plan.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of program management best practices.
- Identifies, confirms and acquires participation from required cross-functional teams. Ensures the team clearly understands roles and responsibilities for the duration of the program.
- Leads work intake pipeline ensuring communication and prioritization for all incoming work.
- Leads senior executive readouts about program status, changes, escalations and business case assessments.
- Works with Enterprise Program Management and Program Managers to ensure appropriate processes and communications are followed.
- Serve as the program lead for specific, defined multi-discipline technical programs or projects of greater than average complexity and scope.
- Responsible for the technical program management activities and alignment for strategic programs, coordinating among a wide range of cross-functional internal and external resources to ensure that programs are within the scope, within budget and on schedule, with insights from senior staff member(s).
- Drives the scope of programs as defined by the business requirements and budget process.
Identifies and helps the team make program tradeoffs to balance scope, time and costs. Ensures accurate documentation.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Ensures quality of program deliverables. Leads core team and key field resources to develop and monitor deployment schedule, strategies and tools to support the implementation of programs in the field through trials and controlled customer deployments.
- Analyzes the actual performance against the plan and makes adjustments consistent with plan objectives.
- Drives action item resolution and tracks completion. Ensures program milestones are accomplished and ensures overall committed timelines are met. Ensures documentation of all major plan changes in scope, approach and date delivery.
- Microsoft Office tools including Excel, PowerPoint
- Applications (JIRA, Rally, project management software)
- Agile methodologies, SAFe,
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant Work Experience: 15 Years +
- Bachelor’s Degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Plano, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A