Responsible for leading the daily activities of the Government Regulatory Affairs department. Assists with local regulatory, franchising and public policy matters for assigned geographic area. Implements legislative strategies, monitors legislation and coordinates state association management. Manages department professionals and non-exempt employees and provides subject matter guidance.
- Leads all aspects of franchise-required construction installation of complimentary cable services to public buildings, including the negotiation of any additional terms and conditions with Local Franchise Authorities (FLA).
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Leads franchise renewal and transfer efforts for assigned franchises consistent with the strategies and policies for the market area. Prepares franchise renewal applications and supporting data for and assists in preparation of renewal strategy. Participates in franchise renewal negotiations with municipalities and/or their consultants.
- Assists with drafts, analyzes and/or presents legislation, amendments and testimony as necessary.
- Leads all aspects of additional duties related to Community Affairs.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Manages service complaints associated with complimentary services.
- Reviews, interprets and communicates meanings of the terms and conditions of franchises, franchise-related agreements and other contracts for implementation to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory standards.
- Identifies important municipal issues of significance to the company.
- Supports the government relations and public policy strategy as developed.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
Qualification & Experience:
- 4-7 years Government & Regulatory Affairs and/or relevant work experience is highly preferred.
- Public Relations, Marketing, or Construction experience is helpful.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Huntsville, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A