Website Dairy Queen
This role provides leadership and coaching to franchisees and the Operations team in order to achieve short and long-term company and operation’s objectives. Utilize knowledge of restaurant operations and staff resources to provide counsel, advice and assistance to franchisee owners/operators to positively impact and improve sales, profits, operating standards and operating systems while maintaining or exceeding customer expectations. Ensure compliance with IDQ policies and system standards. Gain and maintain support of DMA chair people and other key franchisee leadership in achieving objectives. Engage functional experts when needed. Provide support to other functions when needed.
- Partner with appropriate ADQ staff to help position new and existing franchisees to establish and execute effective development, reinvestment and renewal strategies.
- May assist with new store openings as required.
- Operate within and uphold IDQ’s policies and Business Code of Conduct.
- Consistently strive to meet or favorably exceed operating budget for department.
- When and where appropriate, establish and implement effective business plans with franchise owners in the district. Provide necessary counsel and assistance to ensure the plans include specific objectives and strategies in support of ADQ’s Operations and Marketing Plan. Monitor progress and goal achievement status.
- Responsible for positioning franchisees for consistent achievement of optimal shift management, food safety, quality, service, cleanliness, repair and maintenance, and atmosphere goals as established by Operation’s Business Plan and ADQ’s operating standards.
- Responsible for monitoring consistent execution and delivery of company strategies to ensure food safety, menu compliance, trademark protection and IDQ standards.
- Complete Ad Hoc projects as required.
- Develop and implement a district wide business plan (i.e., integrated marketing, operations, training, development and supply chain plan)
- Consistently strive to achieve the Company’s financial and operating goals and objectives. Provide support to other departments/functions as needed.
- Provide leadership in developing and managing marketing performance through effective partnerships with appropriate departments, vendors and franchisees.
- Where appropriate and available, determine financial status of select franchisees and monitors for progress. Provide impactful advice and counsel to position franchisees for optimal financial health.
- Effectively implement and execute the Worldwide Operation’s Business Plan (rolling 1, 2 and 3 year plan) for a particular District.
- A clean driving record is required.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Creative thinker who can quickly develop innovative ideas across a wide variety of business units.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, restaurant management or a related field or equivalent restaurant operations experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- 4 or more years of restaurant management (multi-unit/high volume preferred) and/or franchise operations management (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate concepts and programs to a variety of audiences.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously, within an intense, deadline-driven environment.
- Proficient knowledge of marketing, finance, training, human resource and development.
- Relationship building skills with the ability to create mutually beneficial relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Thorough knowledge of restaurant operations.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Well organized with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge and familiarity with the Restaurant Industry (QSR preferred).
Company: Dairy Queen
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, US
Application Deadline: N/A