This position will be responsible for managing and facilitating leads, research and hotel/venue contracts for all small meetings. This role will be responsible for managing online registration; third party vendors, contract negotiations, budgeting, billing reconciliation and post-meeting evaluation. This position is responsible to make an established range of decisions and is responsible in reflecting our commitment to our Village and community.
- Read trade publications, attend seminars, and consult with other learning management and meeting management professionals in order to keep abreast of standards and trends.
- Work with team to determine and confirm the most appropriate location for session and find hotel/meeting space
- Provide debrief on overall program, possible improvements and budget variances
- Partner with teams to develop requests for proposals for small meetings, work with third party on sourcing, developing recommendation parameters and guidance on contract terms. Responsible for tracking all small meeting bookings and maintaining a travel log for the Village to ensure ample support is provided.
- Negotiates hotel/venue agreements with acceptable contract terms and conditions.
- Arrange the availability of audio-visual equipment, transportation, displays, and other needs.
- Update metrics, attendee records, and complete all reporting requests
- Manage financial/budget decisions, dissemination of materials, event metrics & reporting, registration records, and responses to attendee inquiries.
- Assist teammates with any/all hotel issues and make appropriate related decisions
- Handle teammate issues and requests in an effective and timely manner and notify respective parties of decisions made on teammate issues and special requests
- Manages relationships, hotel accommodations, ground transportation, special events and functions, food and beverage, high level service excellence. Ability to manage and delegate tasks as needed.
- This position will manage the dissemination of awards, track all data and manage the award library.
- Manage event venue and associated costs within pre-determined budget guidelines
- Monitor and track registration changes and cancellations
- Verify hotel bill and monitor/rectify appropriate charges for approval
- Develop meeting evaluations and metrics
- Coordinate registration, meeting announcements, and record keeping (who won awards, follow up requests)
- Setup program office in hotel and program general session room
- Ability to manage heavy correspondence. Ability to craft and communicate responses to inquiries in a time sensitive manner, escalate issues as necessary and inform team of communication status.
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Has the authority to make independent choice free from immediate direction or supervision
- Must be able to help us fulfill our vision of being torchbearers for learning, the DaVita culture, and our Village values
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment
- Ability to negotiate and manage over 100 vendor contracts in a year
- Travel Required, approximately 30-50%
Qualification & Experience:
- Hotel experience preferred
- Minimum of two (2) year’s event planning/coordination experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) Accreditation a plus
- Previous experience with registration software required (SignUp4, Cvent, RegOnline, or comparable software)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A