In this role, you take responsibility for the complete ongoing care of each patient to ensure their dialysis treatment stays on track. DSD RNs will troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for our patients related to their dialysis treatment and will occasionally partner alongside the SNF staff to coordinate care. Primary work schedule will be 3 days a week, 10-12 hour shifts, with rotating Saturday work. No on call required. Your impact on the lives of our patients and their families will be felt every day.
- Complexity: DSD Dialysis care is a complex but fulfilling service line. Meeting and/or exceeding clinical outcomes are the goals and multitasking is an expectation to meet the needs of the service, the patients and our SNF partners.
- Patient Care: Spending the majority of your day in direct one-on-one patient care to provide safe, comfortable and hygienic dialysis treatment.
- Autonomy and Critical Thinking: Provide comprehensive patient care in an independent setting. Plan to be on your toes at all times. You use your mind constantly. You apply your “core” skills to monitor patients before, during and after dialysis treatment including measuring and recording stats, patient observations, and hemodialysis machine setup. There’s a lot to track and manage and the joy comes in witnessing how your care impacts patients’ lives.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) certification
- Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background
- Prior Home Hemo Dialysis experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A