Website Delta Airlines
Airport Customer Service is seeking a leader who has demonstrated operational excellence, proven outstanding leadership skills, and a high level of accountability for achieving results in a high-end, hospitality-focused environment. The Operations Service Manager, Premium Services LAX, will manage the daily operations of the premium ground services in LAX, including Delta Sky Club(s), Delta One Check-in, Elite Services, and VIP Select, as well as Delta One Lounge and Express Bag Drop soon. Premium services team members are entrusted with the care of Delta’s most influential and valuable guests during all aspects of their on-the-ground experience. Through relentless attention to detail, this team will create moments that are so exceptional that long after a customer travels with Delta, the experience remains with them.
- Conducts Daily Huddles with all team members, involving service partners as necessary
- Responsible for all Delta One check-in experience, including welcome and Food and Beverage offerings, as well as general cleanliness of the facility
- Responsible for all recruiting efforts within the Premium Services team. Delivers Hospitality training to all new Ambassadors and Leads
- Communicates performance results weekly, reviewing NPS scores and other KPIs to improve service continuously. Ensures all Ambassadors are aware of their scores
- Reviews audits and all customer feedback and addresses issues with involved Ambassadors. Publicly recognizes strong performers.
- Encourages the team to participate in group community service events
- Attends Station Leadership meetings and training as required
- Responsible for daily operations of Delta Sky Club(s), including Check-in, ticketing services, Food and Beverage, and overall Cleanliness of the facility.
- Ensures “Moments that Welcome” is delivered to every Guest throughout every interaction
- Responsible for the leadership and implementation of safety initiatives, IROP management and recovery plans, and other strategic initiatives set by LAX leadership.
- Conducts at least two-yearly performance checks with all employees, providing feedback, presenting action plans when needed, and providing employee recognition and appreciation
- Conducts daily walkthroughs to ensure all facilities are up to standard. Reports any issues to Department Manager
- Drives technology implementation and usage across the check-in experience.
- Reviews labor performance by service partners and ensures accurate reporting.
- Supports a 24/7 operation, and extreme flexibility is required.
- Responsible for building customer relationships through customer service recovery, customer advocacy, sales, new initiatives, and revenue retention.
- Responsible for delivery of all Elite Services ‘meet and greet” as well as all contracted VIP Select services. Must ensure every service has a designated Ambassador. Ensures all vehicles are maintained daily and weekly as indicated by contract specifications.
- Rallies the team, provides individual and group recognition and celebrates success.
- Ensures daily staffing coverage following staffing guidelines. Manages the team’s bids and adjusts them as necessary to comply with business demands
- Must demonstrate skills and abilities to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization (frontline to executives) using various tools ranging from Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Should be highly motivated and customer service-oriented (both internal and external customers).
- Must have an active driver’s license and successfully obtain/maintain airport drivers’ icon and Customs seal.
- Ability to lead change management effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Should be a proactive self-starter and proven capacity to manage a complex day-to-day operation with limited supervision.
- Must step up to conflicts and be skilled at finding common ground to obtain cooperation from others. Must be able to anticipate roadblocks and plan appropriately to mitigate risks. Must possess excellent critical thinking and decision quality abilities.
Qualification & Experience:
- Luxury brand experience preferred.
- Extensive leadership experience in Airport Customer Service, restaurant, or hotel operations required with luxury brands preferred.
- College degree (business, operations, hospitality, etc.).
Company: Delta Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A