Website Delta Airlines
The Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) is a critical TechOps role at Delta. In this role, you will maintain the proper and safe functioning of Delta’s fleet, ensuring customers have an exceptional travel experience. AMTs maintain aircraft, aircraft engines, and aircraft components and avionics systems according to Delta and FAA specifications; perform inspections during assembly of parts and after repair or installation of components; document maintenance procedures including component damage, origin, and condition; and practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Serves as a technical expert or mentor by providing advice and corrective recommendations to others.
- Researches, reads, and interprets technical manuals and guidelines to perform inspections, installations, repairs, or other work activities.
- Repairs worn, defective, or damaged parts or components (e.g., damaged gaskets, lines and couplings, cables, and pulleys), using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
- Maintains repair logs, documenting all preventative and corrective aircraft maintenance activities.
- Inspects aircraft or aircraft components, including landing gear, hydraulic systems, tires, and engines for damage, defects, corrosion, or other wear to ensure airworthiness.
- Performs all work activities in accordance with established laws, regulations, standards, safety protocols, and procedures to ensure safety of self and others.
- Reviews maintenance records to determine if service and maintenance checks, repairs, and overhauls were performed at prescribed intervals.
- Interprets discrepancies or logs (written or verbal) to understand history and nature of issue, to troubleshoot issue, and to identify required next steps (e.g., fix, defer, replace).
- Uses computers, computer systems, and other technology to enter, document, access, receive, or communicate information.
- Reports issues, malfunctions, unusual wear, or damage to appropriate personnel, as required.
- Recommends replacement, repair, or modification of aircraft equipment based on inspection.
- Installs, removes, or modifies aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, schematics, charts, engineering orders, and technical publications.
- Inspects completed work to certify that maintenance adheres to standards and procedures, and that aircraft are ready for operation.
- Must pass a DOT required pre-employment drug screen and thereafter submit to DOT mandated random drug and alcohol testing
- Status as a current Delta employee
- Must pass a background check including a government required fingerprint-based criminal history records check
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Embraces a diverse set of people, thinking and styles.
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English
- Must have an FAA Airframe and Power Plant license
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior work experience in the airline industry
- Must have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- One year of full-time work experience
- Prior electronics/avionics experience or FCC license
- One year of mechanical experience (outside of educational experience)
- Prior military experience
- One year of heavy jet maintenance experience (outside of educational experience)
- One year of aircraft maintenance experience (outside of educational experience)
Company: Delta Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A