Website Delta Airlines
As a Customer Service Agent, you will be central in demonstrating Delta’s commitment to our customers by making their travel experience as smooth and pleasant as possible. At Delta, our brand is critical to our continued success. As a Customer Service Agent, you play a key part in keeping our brand strong by demonstrating strict adherence to uniform compliance, maintaining professionalism, and exhibiting a positive attitude inside and outside of work. All Customer Service Agents are required to work consistently in public areas and be able to understand and respond to a variety of questions about travel information. Additionally, you may be responsible for escorting unaccompanied minors and disabled passengers throughout the airport. This position requires standing for long periods of time.
- Several other lifting tasks will involve handling items as low as floor level and as high as waist level.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Manage the check-in process, ensuring that customers have the proper travel documentation.
- Tag baggage and perform lifting tasks that involve transferring baggage from scales to conveyor belts.
- Use computers to assist customers with seat availability, make gate announcements regarding the boarding process, flight status, checking and handling baggage, managing, and initiating the boarding process.
- Use a computer to sell, print, and reissue tickets.
- Greet customers to guide and assist them with the ticketing and baggage check-in process.
- Operate jet ways to place them in position prior to aircraft arrival and lift, opening, closing, and securing aircraft doors.
- Occasionally lift bags or items weighing between 50 and 70 pounds.
- Must be proficient in English.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills using appropriate grammar, tone, and pronunciation.
- Be authorized to work in the US.
- Be willing to work a fixed and/or rotating schedule including afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must successfully pass a Customer Service Assessment.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Pass a post-offer pre-employment drug test.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School diploma, GED, or High School Equivalency.
Company: Delta Airlines
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Nashville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A