Website Delta Airlines
As a Cargo Agent, you will work with an innovative team whose common goal is to ensure that our customers’ cargo arrives safely and on time to drive a positive customer experience. At Delta, our brand is critical to our continued success. As a Cargo Agent, you play a key part in keeping our brand strong by maintaining professionalism and exhibiting a positive attitude inside and outside of work. Cargo Customer Service Agents will be scheduled to work a shift between 20 to 40 hours per week. Work tasks include bending, stooping, twisting, standing, and walking. Work tasks are repetitive such as loading and unloading and transporting cargo and mail to aircraft.
- Repeatedly lift and load cargo onto carts and ensure each shipment reaches its destination.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Subject to working in inclement weather.
- Safely lift, load, unload, and transport mail and cargo to and from aircraft, in addition to being responsible for on-time shipments.
- Subject to flexible work shifts, including working weekends and holidays.
- Safely driving and operating ground equipment such as tugs, forklifts, and tow tractors in areas of congestion.
- Operate scanners and computers to ensure mail and cargo are routed correctly to the destination.
- Safeguard Cargo and mail from damage, loss, and weather.
- Safely operate ground support equipment such as tugs, forklifts, and tow tractors.
- Practice safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures while performing under time constraints.
- Able to work in various climates inside and outside the warehouse.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to obtain and hold an airport badge with a customs seal.
- Must be able to drive and safely operate a forklift, baggage tug, and tow tractor.
- Must be proficient in English.
- Typing/computer skills are strongly preferred.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Ability to occasionally lift bags or items weighing between 50 and 70 pounds.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must successfully complete relevant training classes.
- Should have excellent oral and verbal communication skills and be able to comprehend detailed job instructions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous cargo freight and warehouse operations experience is preferred.
- High School diploma, GED, or High School Equivalency.
Company: Delta Airlines
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A