Website Delta Airlines
As a Ramp Agent, you will work with an innovative team whose common goal is to ensure that our customer’s baggage and cargo arrives safely and on time to drive a positive customer experience. At Delta, our brand is critical to our continued success. As a Ramp Agent, you play a key part in keeping our brand strong by maintaining professionalism and exhibiting a positive attitude inside and outside of work. Ramp Customer Service Agents will be scheduled to work a shift between 20 to 40 hours per week. Work tasks include bending, stooping, twisting, standing, and walking. Work tasks are repetitive such as loading and stacking bags in addition to working in confined spaces and on knees for an extended period in aircraft bins. At times, these tasks will be completed in harsh weather conditions (heat, rain, snow, to name a few).
- Safely driving and operating ground equipment such as tugs, belt loaders, and tow tractors in areas of congestion.
- Repeatedly lift and load baggage onto carts and to ensure each bag reaches its destination.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Safely lift, load, unload, and transport baggage, mail, and cargo to and from aircraft, in addition to being responsible for on-time connections by guiding incoming and departing aircraft from the gate positions.
- Safeguard Cargo, baggage, and mail from damage, loss, and weather.
- Operate baggage scanners and computers to ensure baggage and cargo are routed correctly to the passenger’s destination.
- Pass a post-offer pre-employment drug test.
- Be willing to work a fixed and/or rotating schedule including afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays in all weather conditions.
- Ability to occasionally lift bags or items weighing between 50 and 70 pounds.
- Must be proficient in English.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Be authorized to work in the US.
- Have strong verbal communication skills.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School diploma, GED, or High School Equivalency.
Company: Delta Airlines
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A