This position is located at the National Forests in NC, Forest Supervisor Staff, Ecosystems, Fire & Forest.
The incumbent has responsibility for planning, managing, coordinating, reviewing, and reporting for several natural resources.
- Promote an inclusive work environment that is free from all types of discrimination.
- Employ nondiscriminatory practices for merit promotion, recruitment and hiring of applicants.
- Develops short and long range goals and objectives for natural resource programs ensuring consistency with strategies and program emphasis.
- Develop natural resource budgets and priorities for leadership decisions.
- Establish and communicate guidelines and performance requirements to employees including conducting formal performance reviews and identifying developmental and training needs of employees.
- Responsible for the quality, quantity, and coordination of all work performed in the various program areas overseen
- Provides leadership in the development and execution in managing and executing programs which include wildlife, fisheries, plants, vegetation, fire, fuels, soil, and water.
- Plan the work to be accomplished by assigning work to employees and establishing production or quality standards for the unit’s work.
- Develop staff schedules and coordinate staff’s work.
- Provides recommendations and information to leadership concerning the administration of natural resource programs including budgets.
- Serve as a member of a unit leadership team.
- Maintain close coordination with various levels of state government representatives, special interest groups, Tribal government, permittees, and the general public who are concerned with forest resource management and environmental conditions.
- Ensures program expenditures are legal, met charged-as-worked and congressional intent, and remain within budget limits.
- Foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
Qualification & Experience:
Degree: Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree that included a major field of study in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position. OR Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree in a major field of study that included 24 semester hours in course work in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position. Related course work generally refers to courses that may be accepted as part of the program major. OR Combination of education and experience that included 24 semester hours in course work in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position, AND experience sufficient to demonstrate that I possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform work in the occupation that is comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of a full 4-year course of study with a major in the appropriate field needed to perform the work of the occupation.
Company: U.S. Department Of Agriculture
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Asheville, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A