Pathways Student Internship Authority is designed to provide students enrolled in a variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities in agencies to explore federal careers while in school. Assignments are designed to develop the knowledge and skills necessary for successful performance of loan specialist work in developing, reviewing, administering, and coordinating programs for direct farmer producer participation.
- May assemble award documents and ensures award packages are complete and accurate
Greets and receives visitors.
- Work assignments are designed to provide practical application of the knowledge and skills acquired by the student during the formal education phase of the program.
- Sends, receives, and distributes correspondence.
- Track, maintain, and report on status of assigned projects.
- Ensures financial and technical reports have been received and approved.
- Receiving on-the-job training in each of the programs or activities preformed at the State or County FSA Offices
- Performs a variety of duties related to the accomplishment of farm loan program work within FSA.
- Logs proposals in the electronic tracking system.
- Duty Location may change during internship based upon training needs or upon conversion.
- This position requires the incumbent to possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt
- Successful completion of two-year trial period
- Must be in good academic standing as defined by your academic institution.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National
Qualification & Experience:
- Students who are currently enrolled or accepted for enrollment on at least a half-time basis at a qualifying educational institution in a certificate, degree, or diploma program with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants must meet position qualifications requirements as shown below at the time of appointment. The agency must be able to verify that the education was completed successfully before the applicant can be appointed. Below is the education requirement to be qualified for this position: GS-2 Completion of high school or possession of a GED diploma. GS-3 Completion of 1 full academic year of post-high school study. GS-4 Completion of 2 full academic years of post-high school study or an associate’s degree.
Company: U.S. Department Of Agriculture
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Clovis, NM, US
Application Deadline: N/A