A successful Product Technical Program Director will need to be regarded by their peers and management as a motivating and engaging leader for team members from multiple functional backgrounds regardless of the reporting relationships, be an established strong communicator, and have a track record of making sound decisions and asking tough questions.
- As part of key stakeholder management, regularly communicate strategy, recommendations, and program updates to functional and executive leadership, driving management decisions where needed.
- Working with Product Management, resolve product tradeoffs decisions and manage internal risks and external uncertainties. Lead and document key decision making within the team’s scope.
- Serve as lead R&D resource for Hospital GM to help arbitrate new technical issues that arise within the hospital business. Serve as the technical lead for the hospital business.
- Establish vision, direction, and structure to the cross-functional and cross-disciplinary core teams. This includes controlling scope, driving recommendations from SMEs.
- Define the program scope and gain cross-functional alignment to deliver business-critical programs to the market in collaboration with marketing team and senior/executive leaders.
- 8+ years of experience providing work direction and leadership to people and teams including some tenure leading larger programs (30+ contributors).
- Demonstrated successful leadership of a complex program with strong technical elements requiring Minimum Viable Product and rapid learning design cycle approaches.
- Experience working in the Medical Device industry as well as knowledge of the industry practices, techniques, and standards including a proven ability to both understand and work effectively within a Quality System that is compliant with FDA regulations related to Design Control.
- Experience working with Portfolio Project Management (PPM) tools such as Planview and Daptive.
Experience managing stakeholders: working effectively to drive critical program decisions and resolve competing stakeholder interests.
Qualification & Experience:
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 15+ years related experience or a Masters degree and 10+ years equivalent industry experience or a PhD and 7+ years of experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A