The Software Engineering Analyst will be responsible for performing alleged device failure investigations. Investigations are performed either by analyzing real-time cloud data or by analyzing physical devices that have been returned. You will regularly collaborate with other engineers, technicians, and/or specialists from Field Failure Analysis, R&D, and Customer Advocacy Management.
- Enters and tracks failures or enhancements in the bug tracking system.
- Provides direct Customer Advocacy support by carrying out hands-on investigation of reported device malfunctions.
- Performs failure analysis and works with software engineers to determine root causes.
- Understands the technical architecture of internally developed applications including iOS and Android systems
Utilizes structured problem solving and drives engineering studies using standardized methodologies and statistical data analysis.
- Ensures documentation is updated to reflect the changes made to a process/product.
- Designs, improves, and implements complaint investigation processes.
- Proven ability to conduct engineering investigations, collect and synthesize data using statistical principles.
- Strong proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Success in facilitating process improvement projects to completion.
- Familiarity using modern software test methodologies.
- Ability to collaborate and learn from experienced engineers.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with working in a highly regulated environment such as a medical device.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, and 0-2 years previous experience.
- Experience working with GCP BigQuery or SQL.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A