This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Office of Budget & Program Performance in District of Columbia, District of Columbia.
- Identifies and analyzes trends in receipt, obligations, or expenditure of funds to ensure objectives of the annual financial plan, and that available funds are used effectively to support program objectives.
- Serve as an expert in the development, review, and evaluation of program performance improvement, and participates with and advises the executive staff and program managers in planning, implementing, and assessing agency-wide programs of strategic planning.
- Provides authoritative interpretations of congressional legislation and OMB policies and precedents, Executive orders, OMB guidelines and directives within and across agency lines.
- Provides advice to management on the Federal budget processes, interprets, and assesses the impact of new and revised congressional legislation on the formulation and execution of assigned program budgets.
- Implements budgetary policies affecting the financing and accomplishment of major programs and provide long-range analysis of the potential effects of budgetary actions on national economic, social, and political objectives.
- You must successfully pass a drug screen.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Males born after 12/31/59 must certify registration with Selective Service.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
Qualification & Experience:
You qualify for the GS-14 grade level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience at the GS-13 grade level or equivalent performing duties such as: Planning, organizing, and carrying out annual and multi-year budgeting requirements in support of a major programs within an organization; Developing narrative and statistical justification for requested funds; Conducting detailed analysis and considers all program requirements and makes recommendations regarding budgetary requirements, policies and methods, and sources of funding; and Evaluating the mutual effects and interrelationships between program goals, accomplishments, budgetary resources, and policies.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: District of Columbia, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A