You will serve as an Information Technology Cybersecurity Specialist (PLCYPLN/INFOSEC) and be responsible for primary oversight of information technology systems and projects throughout their lifecycle. This includes initiation, planning, execution and closing.
- Assesses, develops and evaluates program processes and products managed within the organization. Exercises programmatic oversight over assigned key technologies.
- Analyzes and monitors program and resource use to identify actual or potential problems, trends and deficiency situations or areas of imbalance. Develops or recommends alternatives or corrective action as required. Proposes and plans specific actions to develop management Information required to monitor programs.
- Identifies, verifies, and assesses causes and methods for resolution of problems or impediments affecting the program. Develops practical, reliable, time sensitive and cost effective recommendations for accomplishing team and individual projects and special tasks and develops and adjusts the concept, methodology work plan and milestone schedules.
- Plans and coordinates development, consolidation, review and approval of programs and budgets to support projects, programs and systems in the assigned program areas. Responsible for the analysis and synthesis of quantitative and qualitative data and evaluations reflecting performance and progress of projects, identification of materiel weaknesses, making forecasts and projections, and recommending actions as a basis for timely decisions. Anticipates major problems, recognizes future needs and develops policies, standards, procedures and guidance.
- Prepares charts, summaries and narratives which provide the basis for performance evaluation. Provides progress reports concerning assigned programs to the senior management officials and representatives of other commands and agencies. Conducts formal and informal in-process reviews of milestone accomplishment or delay. Evaluates effectiveness of policies and guidance and to assess program direction.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Attention to Detail – Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication – Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
Qualification & Experience:
To qualify at the GS-13 grade level, applicants must have at least one (1) full year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the federal sector. Specialized experience may include the following: Experience preparing, validating, processing, deploying, and managing telecommunications orders, policy, programs, data records, and contracts for telecommunication and telephony infrastructure, circuits and services ordered from outside service providers. Skilled in providing IT lifecycle support across the full spectrum of IT services as needed to meet organizational and departmental IT service objectives. Experience drafting and review functional requirement documents (FRD); standard operating procedures (SOP); scopes of work (SOW); statements of requirements (SOR); requests for information (RFI); independent cost estimates, contract requirements, service level agreements (SLA) and contract performance evaluations.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Saint Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A