This Supervisory Transportation Specialist position is located in the Analysis and Support Branch, Support Division, Surface Operations, Security Operations (SO), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected for this position, you will serve as Branch Manager within the Analysis and Support Branch providing direct support to the Division Director for the implementation of national oversight, budgetary, procurement and analysis functions necessary for the administration of Surface Operations programmatic requirements.
- Develops a wide range of policy statements, studies and position papers that include new and innovative approaches in resolving highly intricate transportation security issues. Plans, coordinates, implements, and evaluates complex surface transportation security programs, policies, and operations.
- Develops detailed reports on performance metrics including but not limited to security program effectiveness, industry compliance rates, and national field office surface inspector utilization.
- Oversees compliance and enforcement activities for the surface community, from a national perspective, as well as supervising all national outreach initiatives directed by Surface Operations HQ. Responsible for supporting Surface Operations administrative functions, internal reporting, and communications.
- Collaborates in the development and re-evaluation of the Surface Operations Work Plan (SOWP) using risk-based approach(es) to identify inspection, outreach, assessment and exercise requirements and priorities.
- Provides field guidance, oversight, and program support to Surface Operations Senior Leadership, Regional Security Directors (RSDs), Federal Security Directors (FSDs), Assistant Federal Security Directors-Inspections (AFSD-Is) and Transportation Security Inspectors – Surface (TSI-S).
- Liaisons with the Resource Management Office on annual budgets for Surface Operations on the national level.
- Serves as a first-line supervisor responsible for directing all aspects of the work of subordinate employees including planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating work and performance, setting priorities, coaching and employee development, approving leave and recommending and/or approving disciplinary actions.
- Directs comprehensive analysis of transportation security issues, programs and initiatives that cross organizational boundaries and impact the accomplishment of key DHS and TSA strategic objectives.
- Provides oversight and direction for staff serving as Contracting Officer Representatives (CORs) for various contracts within Surface Operations.
- You must complete a favorable Background Investigation (BI).
- You must have reached the minimum age (18) at the time of application.
Emergency Essential position.
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- This position is subject to shift work covering part of the 24 hours each day. Personnel may be assigned a duty schedule on day, evening, or overnight shifts. This also includes regular duty on holidays and weekends.
- Selective Service registration is required.
- Pass a Background Investigation (BI) and maintain eligibility for a clearance at the Secret level.
Qualification & Experience:
To qualify for the SV-J Pay Band (equivalent to GS-14), you must have one year of specialized experience at the SV-I or GS-13 in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that has equipped you with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience is defined as: Providing recommendations for sound security policies and procedures in support of nationwide surface operations programs; Developing detailed reports on performance metrics regarding security program effectiveness and efficiency; Producing guidance documents and reports for use by internal and external TSA stakeholders.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Springfield, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A