As Head of Innovation & Solutions you will be the value creator with innovative solutions to drive best practices of retailing and airline pricing with thoughtful leadership. You will lead the teams responsible for Revenue Management (RM) systems, Operations Research, and data science to deliver business benefits of new and existing systems. In the role you will collaborate with internal stakeholders and external service providers to drive innovation to create value for the organization with industry-first solutions. You will have a thirst for championing the training and skill development of the operational RM organization for the effective use of systems and automation.
- Manage the capital and operating expenses budget of projects within the allocated budget prioritizing spend on value creation projects.
- Lead the research and development of new solutions with independent research and learnings from participation at various industry forums (PODS, AGIFORS, IATA).
- Think strategically and lead multiple teams on the delivery of solution increments to deliver revenue benefits in phases.
- Develop offer optimization as part of developing airline retailing capabilities with minimum viable products in the short term and strategic solution in the long term.
- Drive maximum benefits from the use of RM systems with training for high adoption and by managing the change of new initiatives effectively. Mentor and coach direct and indirect team members in leadership and influencing various stakeholders to achieve the business and revenue objectives of solutions.
- Ensure no revenue dilution or leakage from inventory abuse with strict enforcement of inventory controls using various solutions and develop new functionality to stop the violations at the time of booking.
- Mitigate the risks of transformational projects proactively using the best practices of Agile development, program management, and risk management for delivery of the revenue benefits within the budgeted costs of business cases as per the project plan.
- Lead the department as a center of excellence in operations research, statistical modeling, and Artificial for innovative and creative solutions to generate incremental revenues.
- Prior experience of handling Passenger Service System migration in the Airline Industry has an added advantage for the candidate role
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Revenue Management systems design, Product Management, Research and Development.
- Has lead a team of Data Scientists on developing Machine Learning, AI models for real world airline use cases.
- Experience within the aviation industry in the areas of Revenue Management, Pricing Theory, Operations Research and has presented in industry conferences like AGIFORS, PODS, INFORMS.
- Should have prior experience in analytical and statistical analysis using tools like R, Python, SAS.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A