Leads LATAM region Market Management teams for conventional lodging partners across the super region, to positively influence direct bookings through Expedia’s brands, and provide deep market insight to increase partners’ profitability. You will lead a continuing effort to build a sustainable leadership position with lodging partners throughout the LATAM region on behalf of Expedia. You will establish where to play and how to win strategies, while building organizational capability to accelerate Expedia, Inc.’s position as a thought-leader and first-call partner in the region. Near-term success and long-term growth will be demonstrated through accelerated revenue, sustainable profitability, and increased market share within the region.
- Monitor and successfully lead regional market place success with the core goal of exceeding revenue targets.
- Provide thought leadership to industry partners and particiapte in industry events and speaking opportunities; increase Expedia’s visibility within the external marketplace
- As a member of the global Lodging Account Management leadership Team, play a key role in improving and scaling best in class operating processes (technology focused).
- Maximise team performance and develop an environment of innovation, efficiency, responsiveness and quality.
- Build, coach, develop, engage and retain a team of professionals.
- Partner with business stakeholders from across Expedia Group to understand proposed programs and business requirements that will require participation from the LATAM Market Management organization, and implement identified programs within identified region, considering implications to and troubleshooting for impact to Lodging partner relationships
- Develop and implement market place and commercial initiatives with a strong eye on increasing margin opportunity, obtaining inventory and driving long term relationships with our supply partners
- Communicate pivotal initiatives and results to both the LATAM Market Management organization and more broadly across Expedia, Inc. Brands In the region to secure commitment and alignment.
- Lead entry into new markets within the region, including consideration of M&A targets.
- Lead the development and execution of the regional strategic plan for Lodging Account Management in LATAM to ensure broad alignment behind priorities, develop relevant and desirable value proposition for Partners by market that build market share.
- Identify, prioritize and deliver key commercial growth strategies across LATAM to enable faster growth across channels, routes to market, products, and geographies.
- Partner with HR to build a capable, ambitious, passionate and results focused Partner organization across the region. Train, coach, develop and empower the workforce to cultivate high organizational performance.
- Develop effective, efficient training programs for the field staff to enhance market coverage impact and build flexibility to adapt to challenging business demands.
- Provide impactful leadership, line management and coaching. Recruit effectively and ensure the team is structured to best serve its internal customers
- Drive relevant data sets and deliver action focused information to the assigned customer base
- Lead profitability for regions, ensuring Senior Directors, Directors. Area/Senior Market Managers have staffing and resources vital to achieve acquisition goals, and to effectively manage inventory, rates and supplier relationships.
- You will combine demonstrated top-notch strategic skills and the passion to build / develop / empower an excellent team across several locations. To be able to fit within Expedia, you will need to be highly analytical and naturally inclined to get into the details and develop strong subject matter expertise. You will display strong self-confidence and will be energized by highly competitive market situations.
- Ability to go beyond the role and serve as the main stakeholder for all commercial functions in the region, irrespective of LOB
- Developing strategy across a multi-country region with high level of complexity, calibrating a global strategy while playing to local opportunities & risks.
- Successfully leading teams across disperse locations.
- Spanish business proficiency. Native preferred.
- Understanding of technology and how it creates competitive advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver strategies that supply measurable gains in market share, revenue and volume growth, and operational efficiencies. Articulate evolving priorities for the business with a 3-5 year horizon and incorporates understanding of relevant market and competitors.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with a Tier One Strategy Consulting Firm is desirable
- Experience in LATAM markets is a key requirement.
- Travel industry experience would be a plus but not a key requirement.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Application Deadline: N/A