The Area Manager is responsible for leading a team that is responsible for the account management, strategy implementation, and planning within an assigned market geography.
As an Area Manager, you and your team will support delivery of revenue and/or acquisition goals, by developing and sustaining strong hotel and property partner relationships within the assigned area, driving implementation of internal business initiatives, and process efficiencies.
- Promote Expedia’s full suite of products offerings to partners and educate them on the full use of our products and tools
- Lead a team including Market Managers, Associate Market Managers, Market Associates in the assigned market.
- Run a small number of key accounts and/or local hotel chain relationships in designated area/country(s)
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned
- Lead the execution of overall market business plans to meet or exceed key targets, goals and/or strategic objectives set by LPS leadership
- Develop and sustain strong partner relationships by delivering consulting services
- Continuously coach and provide recommendations to direct reports; improve team productivity and effectiveness by building the skills and capabilities of the team members
- Develop & drive sound recommendations based on insights from data analysis to optimize hotels in the Expedia market place and their lodging market overall
- Effectively handle working relationships, team’s productivity and morale
- Continuously improve collaboration with other internal functions, within LPS and across Expedia.
- Supply cross functional Expedia business initiatives; through initiation and planning stages to actively anticipate market impact and roll out plans
- Provide input to senior management in developing effective and scalable solutions to improve process efficiencies
- Represent Expedia in the local market, build Expedia’s company profile with key local influencers (e.g. tourism bureau, hotel association, etc.) and provide expertise to the local industry
- Motivate, coach and mentor a diverse and geographically fragmented team, effectively managing performance and mobilizing team and resources to achieve or exceed set goals
- Proficiency in English. Other language skills may be required depending on the location of the position
- Proficiency with Project Management and CRM tools (preferably Microsoft Project and Salesforce). Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to work independently as well as be a strong team worker, always seeking to improve team and organizational performance
- Ability to effectively communicate to various levels and through a variety of communication channels
- Appetite for innovative technology, fast-changing business environment, facts decision-making
- Strong written and oral communication skills; including fundamental pitching and articulate ideas clearly and appropriately influence others
- Approximately 20 – 30% of travel for market visits
- Ability to have an effect for internal and external decision makers
- Excellent analytical and vital thinking skills, including demonstrated general problem-solving skills and an intense curiosity to identify trends and ensuing business needs.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5-8 years’ experience
- Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A