Expedia Group are looking for a driven and ambitious self-starter, who will be a critical part of delivering our industry-leading customer communications! With responsibility for the transactional and service phase of the customer journey, we are looking for someone with excellent analytical, project management and communication skills. We are seeking someone who is highly innovative and will champion change, working on targeted, event-based programs across Email, In Product, Push and SMS. You will take ownership of working directly with our wider teams (including MarTech, Legal and Creative) to deliver relevant and informative communications, as well as working directly on the platform (Salesforce & TAXI).
- Ensure stakeholder alignment, technical & creative briefing, pre-launch UAT, launch & MVT testing (both self serve and through MarTech).
- Work across a number of brands within the Expedia portfolio including Hotels.com, Vrbo and Expedia, collaborating with multiple teams and managing multiple stakeholders to ensure visibility and brand alignment.
- Project manage the delivery of new communications and improvements to existing programs. The role is highly focused on the strategic and analytical side of campaign planning and execution and involves working with, where appropriate, MarTech (CRM Product and CRM Engineering). While the production team will largely focus on the campaign set ups in the platform, the role will also involve some direct campaign set up (e.g. MVT Tests) in Salesforce and TAXI.
- Communicating the strategic vision, project progress and performance of the programs to senior stakeholders in a clear, structured and succinct manner.
- Maintain and drive forward a prioritized development roadmap & backlog.
- Proactively investigate issues & seek answers to open questions related to Customer Engagement projects through to resolution.
- Seek opportunities to improve the transactional and service cross-channel communications, through both optimization and new initiatives.
- Understand the weekly performance trend of these communications, actively seek out improvements and deliver on recommendations.
- Working closely with Analytics, Loyalty, App, Product and Campaign Monitoring teams to identify opportunities to improve the customer experience further.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word. Experience with Jira, Trello and Tableau are all a plus.
- Demonstrable attention to detail in dealing with complex projects and time-sensitive initiatives.
- Knowledge of customer databases, loyalty programs, HTML and/or travel industry experience a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and exposure to multivariate testing techniques.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 6-7 years’ experience in email / digital marketing, preferably in the e-commerce and/or online marketing space.
- Experienced working with a Technology platform and Technology teams.
- Experienced in customer journeys, utilizing data and customer behavior to design automated journeys.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Marketing / Business / Economics or anything that aligns well with problem solving skills.
- Experienced in working with analytics/insight and turning it in to a concrete plan.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A