The successful candidate must utilize product/project management and collaboration skills to get support needed to implement the FedEx API Productization Strategy. The successful candidate must have good interpersonal, communication, presentation skills and be able to interact with stakeholders at every level within the organization, including officers and senior officers, across several functional areas. This position requires a highly motivated individual with a proven track record of leadership and collaboration. Must work individually as well as with cross-functional teams to identify and document opportunities to enhance, rationalize and accelerate the launch of key API capabilities. The successful candidate must also have technical knowledge about APIs as well as demonstrate excellent business and planning skills and a strong work ethic.
- Business Savvy: navigate opportunities and challenges to maintain project progress and accomplish project goals while working through others.
- Provide business mentoring to those in less senior positions.
- Leadership: Provide guidance and direction to individual contributors. Mentor team members to strengthen the team and enhance their career skills.
- Translate the strategy into a rationalized, sequenced roadmap of initiatives and lead efforts to gain corporate support and funding for the effort required.
- Strategic Thinking/Innovation: able to develop and champion unbiased recommendations to key business stakeholders across the Corporation.
- Lead regular cross-functional product meetings to get alignment needed to prioritize investments.
- Work with portfolio team to prioritize the API roadmap based on business needs.
- Technical Aptitude: Have the ability to understand technical capabilities and comfortably dialogue with technical experts to determine how to best meet customer needs.
- Partner with IT, marketing, regions to identify and justify the infrastructure investments needed to support the strategy.
- Collaboration: able to work across functional teams such as marketing and IT in order to promote and get support to implement the visibility strategies.
- Lead the launch and ongoing management of the modernization of FedEx APIs across marketing, IT and global Customer Technology, International Regions, etc.
- Project Management: Leading cross-functional enterprise-wide projects that result in the launch of customer-facing capabilities and/or new services.
- Develop and communicate program metrics needed to measure performance and investment ROI.
- Strong communication skills, teamwork, leadership and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and guide global, cross-functional teams
- Experience with SAFE Agile
- Experience in software design and development, technology productization
- Business and Technical acumen particularly having knowledge of APIs (REST/SOAP), API Monetization/Commercialization, Event-driven Architecture (i.e. Webhooks),
- Cloud-Based Technologies, Microservices
- Product Marketing
- QDM or Six Sigma
- Strong analytical, project management and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering or related business discipline.
- Five (5) years experience in a digital marketing or digital product management environment or demonstrated knowledge gained through coursework or work experience in digital product marketing, management, or technology support. Strong ability to understand business and customer needs, customer/user experience management, product analysis and technology capabilities. Technical acumen. Strong collaboration, communication and analytical skills.
- A directly related Master’s Degree is equivalent to two (2) years experience. More advanced degrees may offset experience requirements.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: United States
Application Deadline: N/A