Under general supervision provides technical support in the configuration, maintenance, restoration and functions of all products deployed for a defined internal/external customer or account base. Serves as a central point of contact to consult and/or address specific technical and service related problems with customers on FedEx automation portfolio and deployed technologies. Interfaces with customers to provide product information and Instructions.
- Direct customer interaction is necessary to expeditiously and professionally address all concerns of supported systems.
- The candidate will also provide backup support to other technicians during periods of heavy volume and/or special projects.
- The successful candidate must have a valid driver’s license and must be willing to drive a company vehicle, supporting FedEx facilities as well as customer locations.
- A related Master’s Degree equals two (2) years experience
- Associate Degree/equivalent in computer technology, information technology, computer engineering and/or equivalent formal training or work experience.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Able to operate vehicle in compliance with established procedures.
- 2 years equivalent work experience in technology support environment.
- More advanced degrees may offset experience requirements.
- Must be able to use a telephone, keyboard and view a computer screen.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, California, US
Application Deadline: N/A