This is a frontline manager position that supports the FedEx Ground (FXG) Safety Above All Culture and manages specific day-to-day operations and an assigned staff. Responsible for ensuring safe and efficient package sortation through the management of Package Handlers. The Operations Manager may also manage administrative employees and functions and ensures administrative processes are compliant with FXG policies and procedures and governmental regulations.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls specific day-to-day operations
- Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company safety strategies and programs
- Serves as a champion for FXG’s Safety Above All Culture and supports all related initiatives
- Responsible for assigning and managing employees to ensure the safe and efficient sortation of packages through the facility, minimizing operational cost and maximizing operational quality, including the movement, tracking and administration of trailers (in conjunction with the linehaul department as applicable)
- Participates in the development of and responsible for administering company employee relations strategies, including maintaining the confidentiality of such material and matters
- Mentors and develops critical skill sets for new and/or less-experienced Operations Managers
- Responsible for training new employees regarding job duties and performance expectations and ensuring compliance with
- FXG policies, procedures and other training requirements, including but not limited to training related to quality assurance,
- SWAK, hazardous materials, Video Event Data Recorder (VEDR) coaching, and dock safety
- Leads daily employee and/or planning meetings to ensure workforce communication and understanding of operational updates and daily goals; Includes communication and public speaking to small and large audiences on a regular basis
- Investigates, resolves and/or escalates customer service issues, as appropriate
- Analyzes operational performance through direct observation, interpretation of reports and collaboration with others.
- Determines opportunities for improvement of key metrics and executes action plans to achieve results
- Adapts quickly to change to meet dynamic business needs; Displays flexibility and appropriate sense of urgency, while leading and engaging employees in a positive and professional manner
- Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to: hiring, terminations, coaching, training, recognition and rewards, performance evaluation and management, discipline, addressing employee concerns and staff productivity
- In lieu of experience, certification program or Associate’s Degree in related area or 2+ years of college courses towards a degree
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred).
- Six (6) months experience required in the following areas: package handler at FedEx Ground, fast-paced environment (retail, hospitality, fulfillment center, warehouse, dock, or stock room/stock functions), military experience with honorable discharge or supervisory experience.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Schertz, Texas, US
Application Deadline: N/A