In this position, you will serve as the Supervisory IT Specialist (SysAdmin) within the Technology Programs Division > Product Delivery 2 Branch.
- Performing administrative functions such as time card certification, leave and schedule approval, interpretation and explanation of DHS/FEMA policy.
- Establishing and overseeing standards in software and database development, change control, and production deployment and support;
- Managing and reporting of program and project risks;
- Prioritizing projects, tasks and backlog items;
- Delivering analyses and assessments to Recovery Branch managers, Division Directors and senior leadership;
- Development and supervision of training plans;
- Resolving personnel and technical disputes;
- Coaching and mentoring employees in required skills, methods and techniques;
- Supervising and performing evaluations of subordinates; including task monitoring and product delivery;
- Engaging of stakeholders across the agency to move Recovery strategic priorities forward and build support for modernization efforts.
- Travel will be required.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
Qualification & Experience:
You qualify for this position at the IC-13 level (starting salary $102,072) if you possess the following: One full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (IC-12) in the Federal Service. This experience may have been gained in the federal government, a state or local government, a non-profit organization, the private sector, or as a volunteer; however, your resume must clearly describe at least one year of specialized experience. Specialized experience for this position includes: Supervising a team that designs, documents, delivers, and manages solutions for software systems and applications; and Providing recommendations for changes in procedures and rapid system development changes; and Communicating technical and non-technical information to stakeholders.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winchester, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A