For these positions you will complete the duties of a Emergency Management Specialist (Mitigation) in support of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA). A variety of specialty areas will be hired to cover disaster data and system analysis, policy, training, communications and outreach, and disaster business operations. The ideal candidate has experience delivering and communicating disaster mitigation programs with internal and external stakeholders. Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Federal Insurance and Mitigation Administration team within FEMA.
- Conducting briefings and presentations, including senior officials, and deals responsibly on important and sensitive matters with agency personnel and other parties outside the agency.
- Providing advisory services, authoritative technical advice, and expert data analysis to senior leadership and management and provides recommendations regarding interpretation of data for analytical deliverables (e.g., statistical analyses, reports, dashboards, user stories, workforce data, etc.).
- Developing, updating and maintaining a program budget.
- Proposing plans that are well developed and account for potential difficulties with alternative solutions and approaches.
- Running a training and exercise program, including collaboration with FEMA Regional counterparts and external stakeholders such as State partners and other Federal Agencies.
- Analyzing data and providing recommendations to support leadership decisions regarding strategic direction and key business drivers needed to meet mission goals and objectives.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Selective Service registration required.
Qualification & Experience:
You qualify for this position at the GS-13 level (starting salary $81,216) if you possess the following: One full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-12) in the Federal Service. This experience may have been gained in the federal government, a state or local government, a non-profit organization, the private sector, or as a volunteer; however, your resume must clearly describe at least one year of specialized experience. Examples of specialized experience would typically include: Developing and implementing Dam Safety Program Grants; Briefing internal and External stakeholders on mitigation programs; Analyzing collected data and creating reports, etc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A