In this position, you will serve as a FEMA civil engineering technical authority with considerable knowledge of natural hazard mitigation measures, consensus standards, and model building code methods, processes, and techniques to reduce damage.
- Assuring the efficient, effective, and timely accomplishment and coordination of the planning, design and construction phases.
- Developing scope of work for modifications based on technical requirements and input from Project Engineers, customers, and other subject matter experts.
- Managing projects to include dams, water diversion structures, flood walls, levees, river control structures, flood plains, dredging, environmental restoration and other facilities, or a combination thereof.
- Travel will be required.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
Qualification & Experience:
- Combination of education and experience–college-level education, training, and or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to use one of the branches of engineering.
- Degree: Engineering. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor’s degree in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by ABET; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A