In this position, you will be responsible for providing engineering support for the Mitigation programs. The ideal candidate will have experience working with engineering companies or federal/state/local governments developing engineering plans or completing engineering reviews for hazard mitigation projects. They will have experience in climate change projects and/or green infrastructure would be beneficial but is not required.
- Participating in working groups to develop streamlining mechanisms needing engineering experience.
- Providing technical assistance to FEMA Regional Offices for engineering reviews.
- Creating tools and procedures to assist with engineering reviews and best practices.
- Travel will be required.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
Qualification & Experience:
- Combination of education and experience — college-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying engineering, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the engineering sciences and techniques and their applications to one of the branches of engineering.
- Degree: Engineering. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) lead to a bachelor’s degree in a school of engineering with at least one program accredited by ABET; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A