Website Foot Locker
This position reports directly to the Associate General Counsel/Attorney who is responsible for North America labor and employment law, employee benefits, related litigation, and global Code of Conduct, who is based in New York, NY.
- Support with corporate investigations and employee relations investigations in the U.S. and Canada, and assist with reporting on global Code of Conduct matters.
Lead projects with notable risk and complexity, develop strategies for project execution, and coordinate with relevant business teams to timely identify and implement recommended policies and practices.
- Counsel on wage and hour laws and compliance in the U.S. and Canada.
- Advise senior executives to influence decision making.
- Draft, review, and revise policies, practices, and processes as it relates to Human Resources, Employee Benefits, and Code of Conduct matters, and partner with relevant
- stakeholders to support implementation.
- Provide support and counsel with an eye toward minimizing outside counsel expense and meeting budget.
- Proactively monitor legislation, regulations, governmental orders, and emerging trends in Labor and Employment law. Coordinate with relevant business teams to timely
- identify and implement recommended policies and practices.
- Provide legal advice and counsel in partnership with the Associate General Counsel to partner with the Human Resources, People Solutions (employee relations), and Employee Benefits teams on a broad range of labor and employment law matters, including, but not limited to, the hiring process, compensation, employee relations, background checks, discipline and termination, immigration matters, WARN, equity and inclusion, accommodations, leaves of absences, employee benefits,
- discrimination, harassment, and retaliation at the federal, state, local, and provincial level in the U.S. and Canada. Conduct research as needed to provide relevant advice.
Qualification & Experience:
- Candidate must be able to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace and works collaboratively with other members of the Legal Department and with internal clients.
- Must be admitted, active, and in good standing in at least one U.S. state.
- J.D. from a top law school with exceptional academic credentials and at least 5 to 7 years of relevant experience gained at a leading law firm and in-house experience.
- Requires a practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving; candidate must be able to effectively counsel internal clients by providing them with clear, concise,
- and pragmatic advice, and creative solutions where necessary, on established timelines to meet their business needs.
Company: Foot Locker
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A