Website Foot Locker
Foot Locker, Inc. is seeking a Sr Software Engineer – Core Services, to be part of designing and developing new enhancements/capabilities for our search platform leveraging restful micro service and event driven distributed architectures for our web front ends, native mobile apps, and partner integrations. As a part of our customer experience organization, you will have the opportunity to build next generation end-to-end ecommerce solutions utilizing battle tested software engineering practices and DevOps principles.
- Learn creating repeatable, maintainable, automated test suites
- Join in bi-weekly showcases, daily standup meetings, and bi-weekly retrospectives
- Learn hands-on use of various development and deployment tools
- Active participation in back-end development efforts in building a robust ecommerce platform.
- Mentor junior engineers on the team
- Participate in an Agile work environment, pair with senior and junior developers and automation Engineers to produce and deliver code and/or test cases using Agile practices
- Gain knowledge in Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins
- Design and implement web service API’s using proven design principles and patterns
Qualification & Experience:
- Hands on experience working on Solr based search engine
- Experience working on enterprise search platforms e.g. Lucidworks Fusion platform
- Understanding of software development life cycle.
- Bachelor’s in Management Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology, Integrated Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or related degree
- At least 5+ years experience with hands on software development.
- Exposure to cloud environment using AWS or Azure or Google Cloud platforms
- Experience with Search Relevance and Typeahead features
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL database concepts e.g. MySQL, MongoDB , CosmosDB
- Proficient with Java based development for enterprise level solutions
- Good understanding of REST API concepts.
- Solid understanding of object oriented principles (Analysis and Design), functional programming models, data structures and algorithms.
- Working knowledge about product hierarchy , product taxonomy and data ingestion
Company: Foot Locker
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Jersey, US
Application Deadline: N/A