Website Ford Motor Company
The Senior Experience Designer will use a deep toolkit of skills to create near and far end to end experiences, focusing on how people interact with our products and brands, and in some cases, redefining it. You will design output for your team’s area of focus, partnering with technology and strategy to ideate, visualize, and prototype our future customer experiences. You will have ownership of creative scope, and will be able to lead design efforts. You will bring ideas to life. You will be a storyteller. The ideal candidate has a passion for user focused design and a practiced understanding of design thinking. Experience with technology and user interface design are an essential part of your role, and you will be involved in and sometimes be solely responsible for, written briefs, hand sketches, digital comps, rapid physical and digital prototypes, storyboards, presentations, and more. Your love and experience rendering concepts, thinking with your hands, and sweating the details are all in service of making ideas tangible.
- Conceive, develop, and test new products, experiences and services that engage people in meaningful ways, applying human centered design and systems thinking.
- Help manage expectations and communication with stakeholders.
- Do your part to help build a culture of trust and innovation where teams can do the best work of their careers.
Iterate and improve existing concepts.
- Seek to understand user needs and propose design prototypes, evaluate their usefulness, and help determine next steps to ensure optimal experience designs.
- Support talent growth, and development of experience design by exploring emerging tools, practices, and systems.
- Guide and support team in understanding and designing integrated products, services, and touchpoints.
- Bring a practiced understanding of physical design and the integration of physical products in digital spaces .
- Find elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Find opportunity areas and pain points by doing human centered research, helping to ground ideas and actionable concepts in user/business needs, principles, and technical capabilities.
- Lead efforts to Ideate, design, visualize and prototype new innovative concepts, products, and services that revolutionize the end-to-end experience.
- Ability to create visual designs including mood boards, storyboards, creative briefs, three-dimensional (3D) models, cardboard/foam-core models, product renderings/visualizations, color and materials design, motion studies, iconography, illustrations, layouts, or prototypes of varying levels of fidelity.
- Ability to work collaboratively, both in person and digitally.
- Top-notch design craftsmanship, and understanding of the whys and how’s of user-centered design methods.
- Clear, open, honest communicator.
- Authority collaborator and thrive off working with other creatives, partners and teams.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Suite and prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, etc.)
- A curiosity about emerging tech, the latest creative tools, and burgeoning design trends.
- Portfolio that demonstrates your skills in design, UI development, and/or experience design.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience leading projects
- 5+ years of experience as an interactive experience designer, using human centered design principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- Experience operating in cross-functional organizations is a plus.
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Michigan, US
Application Deadline: N/A