Website U.S. Forest Service
This position is located within the Chief Information Office which manages the information resources environment for the Forest Service.
- Resolves problems, and conflicts with customers, vendors, and manufacturers when acquisitions do not meet with prescribed specifications.
- Provides technical expertise necessary to resolve software- interfacing problems of an unusual or difficult nature.
- Participates in the testing of new hardware/ software in conjunction with the application developers.
- Assists in the installation and integration of hardware and software at field locations both to equip new units and to replace existing automatic data processing (ADP) resources.
- Performs needs analyses to define opportunities for new or improved business process solutions.
- Provides support for any malfunction of hardware or software to make a determination of the malfunction and whether outside assistance is required.
- Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving.
Qualification & Experience:
Specialized Experience Requirement: For the GS12: I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level. Specialized experience is defined as three or more of the following: applying analytical processes to the planning, design, and implementation of new and improved information technology systems to meet the business requirements of customer organizations; and/or reviewing general business and functional requirements that support the need for information technology systems; and/or identifying and evaluating potential information technology systems design approaches; and/or working with senior management officials, employees, contractors, and computer personnel from other federal agencies, and vendor representatives.
Company: U.S. Forest Service
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A