This position is for a Civil Engineer which will be located at our Jupiter West Corporate office. Engineers in this role provide technical interface with engineering firms on project developments and prepare/review engineering documents using the applicable industry and regulatory standards. This job is responsible for developing technical recommendations to support complex nuclear projects and operations. Employees in this role perform advanced engineering activity and analysis that lead to the development of innovative concepts. Individuals participate in the development of new solutions involves the study of engineering principles, selection of areas for investigation, working through opportunities within scope, and communicating research findings. The successful candidate is responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments.
- Represents supervisor interests and serves in a backup capacity when necessary
- Provides technical consultation to management
- Applies nuclear industry standards and regulations to solve new problems and address situations
- Serves as technical liaison within and outside business unit
- Manages project teams toward solutions using leadership prowess, problem solving, and conflict resolution techniques
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Works independently to perform engineering tasks with little or no precedence
Candidates should be knowledgeable with respect to the applicable industry and nuclear standards, the industry standard design process, and 10CFR50.59.
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s – Engineering
- Engineering or related experience: 12+ years
- Bachelor’s – Engineering
- Prior experience as a cognizant engineer/engineering project management is also preferred but not required.
- Certified Professional Engineer (PE)
- Nuclear Experience: 8+ years
- Experience with the Florida Building Code, SQUG program, or NUREG 0612 is preferred but not required.
- Experience with computational tools such as PIPESTRESS or PDSTRUDL is preferred but not required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jupiter, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A